s. forbes rockwell Jr. Library & Archival Collections
The archive is available for on-site research by appointment only to both Members and Non-Members of the Society. A member of staff is always on hand to aid with research. In addition, research can be conducted by staff.
- Members are given two free hours and a special hourly rate.
- Non-Members rate is $15 for the first hour, $10 for each following hour.
- Business rate is $25 per hour.
- Research by staff for $25 per hour, results cannot be guaranteed, but a preliminary free search would indicate if enough material was present to warrant the research.
- Laptops are allowed and wifi is available.
- We request that personal bags are placed away from the worktable
- We request that only pencils are used.
- Food and drink are strictly prohibited.
Mary Poor Johnson (1778 - 1866) was the wife of Samuel Johnson and mother to Samuel Jr., Mary Jr. and Elizabeth. Her home, Johnson Cottage, is part of the North Andover Historical Society. Hundreds of school children visit Mrs. Johnson every year.