We are open Tuesday to Friday from 10AM - 3PM. The Gift Shop has a wonderful assortment of historic books, maps, greeting cards, postcards, prints, toys, textiles, clothing, North Andover Trail guides, local crafts, games, children's books, jewelry. Stop by and visit us.
updated list of books available for purchase
Members of the Society receive a discount on most titles, but your purchase helps make our programming and preservation go farther! Mail order is available. Please see instructions below.
Your purchase helps support our programming and preservation! Unless indicated, all books are new. If you are interested in a used copy, we recommend contacting us in advance. For more information on titles, condition or shipping, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Raising the Devil: The Story of Witchcraft in Andover, MA (1990) D.K. Liffmann: $6
- The Devil Discovered: Salem Witchcraft, E. Robinson (2001): $15
- Our Sinne of Ignorance (with 1692 map), NAHS compilation: $9.50
- Andover Witchcraft Genealogy, E. Robinson (2013): $10
- Hawthorne and Salem Witchcraft, E. Robinson (2014): $10
- Salem Witch Judge, E. LaPlante (2007): used $8
- Mills, Mansions & Mergers, E.G. Roddy (1982): $20
- A Good-In Land Town, Stephen J. Roper (2001): $50
- Historical Sketches of Andover, S. L. Bailey (reprint of 1880 text): $35
- A Brief History of North Andover, (2011), Martha Larson: $4
- A Tour of Machine Shop Village, DVD (2011): $10
- The Journal of James Stevens (1911 reprint) - USED: $25
- Moses T. Stevens : A Biographical Sketch, (1996) Robert Dale Stevens: $4
- Davis Families of Early Roxbury & Boston, Rockwell (1932) - USED: $50
- Kate Johnson Ancestry, Rockwell (one of ten copies made, 1966) - USED: $100
Mills & Farms
- Edgewood: An Old Farm in the New Millennium (2011), Susan Walsh: $15
- All Sorts of Good Sufficient Cloth: Linen Making in New England 1640-1860 (1980) American Textile History Museum: $8
- Just New From the Mills (1987) American Textile History Museum: $8
- Celebration and Remembrance: Commemorative Textiles in America (1990) American Textile History Museum: $8
- Millers Ben (2008) Marcia Daunis: $8
North Andover Historical Society Properties
- The Parson Barnard House, NAHS pamphlet - limited supply: $8
- Early Owners of the Parson Barnard House, NAHS pamphlet: $3
- The Parson Barnard Herb Garden, NAHS pamphlet: $3
- "Sampler of Traditional New England ‘Receipts’," NAHS pamphlet: $1
- Framed Houses, Abbott Lowell Cummings (1979)- USED: $15
- Williamsburg Hornbook, Felicity Wise (1972) - USED: $2
- The Lewis & Clark Cookbook, $17.95. Now $12
Maps & Walking Tours
- Maps of Andover: 1692, 1830, 1852: $6.50 each
- 1884 Map of Old Centre of North Andover: $6.50
- 1884 Map of Downtown North Andover: $6.50
- 1906 Map of North Andover: $6.50
- Walking tour of Old North Andover Center: $2
Mail Orders :
Please make checks or money orders payable to "The North Andover Historical Society" in US funds.
North Andover Historical Society
153 Academy Road
North Andover, MA 01845
- You may also phone in your order and pay with credit card for mail orders.
- For credit card purchases, please speak with Carol Majahad, Executive Director.
- Call 978-686-4035 or email email@example.com
- Online book store and shopping coming soon.
All orders being shipped must be prepaid. If shipping to more than one address, include appropriate amount for each address. These fees cover the cost of staff time, packaging materials and postage.
We ship using Media Mail. If something is required Priority, please email ahead for shipping amount.
Maps are folded and sent flat unless otherwise requested (please add $2 to your total).
- Orders under $5: Add $3.00
- Orders $5 – $25: Add $7.00
- Orders $26 – $99: Add $10.00